Guidelines for conducting water resources assessment.
- Guidelines for conducting water resources assessment.
Miloradov, M. and P. Marjanovic
- Year of publication
- IGRAC code
- Document type
- This publication is a methodological guide for understanding water resources assessment studies as a prerequisite to preparing basic and national water plans, including environmental evaluations, for a wide range of hydrological considerations.
The first part considers the requirements for water resources master plans and environmental evaluation studies, including the spatial and temporal variability of required data, and the spatial and temporal scales of water resources planning and management. The second part deals with water resources management balance and the collection, compilation and evaluation of required data. The final part presents an evaluation procedure for ensuring integrated water resources management balance. This evaluation should be regarded as the key component of any water resources assessment programme.
(120 pp., tables, graphs)
- Intended audience
- Survey, assessment & mapping
- Studies and Reports in Hydrology no. 55, UNESCO/IHP. ISBN 92-3-103476-6
- order online at: http://publishing.unesco.org/books.aspx
- Enforcement status
- Level of detail
- Selling condition(s)
- Usefulness & Limitations
- Document value compared to alternatives